Monday, March 29, 2010

disgusting vs delicious

CofU sees the world in black and white. Food is either delicious or disgusting. He asks me as I cook if it is delicious, I don't like to brag, but why would I cook something that isn't. He loathes onion, fair enough D and J don't like it either (try to make a savery dish without "first saute an onion.") He also doesn't like beans or carrots or lettuce. He is not shy about telling me over and over, but will eat them. It was funny to see him eating raw carrot holding his nose, I had to sniff my carrot to try and detect any smell at all. He loves lasagne and meat dishes generally. Often he makes himself a bowl of noodles either before dinner or imediately after. He slurps. He likes my meusli, which is a pity as he eats a full cup of it for breakfast each morning and we keep running out of it, but as it is often the only fruit he has during the day... As a 'joke' the CofU asks if various things are delicious and goes to eat them, such as paper, vegetable scraps or dishwasher powder. We have made to rule that lemonade is only drunk at dinnertime, otherwise 3 litres disappears before Wednesday. Speaking of disappearing, 1/2 a batch of afghans have gone.

No comments: