Tuesday, January 5, 2010

Readers and booklovers

Bibliotravel is a great idea! but only 20 NZ set books. A project for this new year to raise our country's profile a bit? Book divas looked promising but the site was down every time I looked at it. Weread also appealed, I like the mix of plot summeries and emotive repsonses, both good and bad from several people. It was a bit heavy on Harry Potter though. I entered 'The life of Pi' to get recommendations of similar books. It did bring up seven books that I've read and really liked and a couple of ones that might be good, but also Shakespeare and children's books. I couldn't see the connection with 'Pi' or a likeness between them except that they all were 'quality' books. An element of randomness here?

1 comment:

Leah said...

Hi, I saw you mentioned Book Divas. I own the site and wanted to let you know we will be back up and running soon! (We are dealing with some server & hosting issues at the moment). Please come and visit us again soon!